Gainsborough Trinity 2 North Ferriby 0

Gainsborough Trinity 2 North Ferriby 0

Gainsborough Trinity secured their second win of the season against a North Ferriby side that didn’t really threaten the Holy Blues’ at the Martin & Co Arena. First half goals from Michael Jacklin and Nathan Jarman were enough to see off the Humberside outfit in the bank holiday clash.

In a dramatic exchange of play in the 23rd minute, Trinity could have and perhaps should have taken the lead when Nathan Jarman played a ball in that fell to Alex Simmons. His shot was well saved by Ross Durrant. The ball then came to Craig King who managed to get a cross in at the second time of asking but Ashley Worsfold’s header went well wide of the Ferriby goal.

Gainsborough Trinity 2 North Ferriby 0

The game came to life in the 28th minute when Craig King delivered a pinpoint cross to the head of Michael Jacklin who nodded home through a host of bodies to score his third goal of the season. From then on Trinity began to dominate and were almost in again when Wafula fired a shot from the six-yard box straight at Ferriby keeper Ross Durrant. Two minutes later they were in again when Ellis Storey fired a ball across goal but Nathan Jarman couldn’t get a foot on it.

Craig King and Ellis Storey enjoyed a lot of success going down the left-wing in the first half and on the cusp of half-time King was impeded on the left side giving Trinity a free-kick in a dangerous position. King swung in a cross from the free-kick and found the head of captain Nathan Jarman at the front post whose flick-on header flew into the top right corner, giving King his ninth assist of the season.

Gainsborough Trinity 2 North Ferriby 0

Into the second half North Ferriby made a couple of changes replacing Jake Skelton and Akeel Francis was Leigh Hutchinson and Callum Rzonca and began to start asking questions. However, neither side really forced a clear-cut chance for themselves until the 77th and 78th minute when substitute Rzonca cut inside and fired his two chances straight at Trinity keeper Henrich Ravas.

Two minutes later Ferriby had their best chance of the match when Mark Gray got onto the end of a corner to fire a powerful header just past the post. Other than that, Ferriby really didn’t challenge the Holy Blues’ goal. Into the five additional minutes of stoppage time for the second half left-back Ellis Storey landed awkwardly and had to be treated off the pitch. Trinity had made all three substitutes and had to play for three minutes with only ten men.

Thankfully, for the Holy Blues North Ferriby did not take advantage of the numbers game and the referee called time on what could only be described as a routine, professional performance from the boys in blue.

Photo Album

Match report by Josh Dainty
Photos by John Rudkin (johnrudkin999) - Gainsborough Trinity Official Photographer

Site Login